Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Here I stand

adore. (a verb)
to regard with the utmost esteem, love, and respect; honor. to pay divine honor to. to like or admire very much.


Have you ever seen the look on a new parents face? In those first few precious moments a mother and father get to hold their newborn child. The one they've waited so long for. The one who was carried with them for 9 months. The one who caused heart burn, bathroom runs every 10 minutes, and massively weird food cravings.

Have you ever seen the look of a veteran as they watch their countries flag being hoisted up a poll? As they stand on guard and are filled with the pride of a country they have fought hard to protect.

Have you ever watched a child walk into disneyland for the first time? To see a character they've come to love on tv, stand right in front of them. To look into the face of a princess and think, "One day that'll be me."

Or how about someone who finally understands the gospel. Who finally sees that someone loves them despite all their flaws. That their "imperfections" are marks of grace and love and divine honor. That someone loved them so much, he laid down his life for them.


Adoration is around me everyday. But I don't feel like I've truly taken time to watch for it or experience it, until I returned from Ethiopia. It's taken me feeling completely alone, completely abandoned and completely euphoric, to understand what it is and where it is.

I find myself in this place I've never been. This place of experiencing God in such a raw form that I realize I have no idea what I'd do with out him. How much my heart breaks for those who suffer. How much He endured for me. How some days, despite the widening pit of despair inside me on occasion, I still want to stand before him with my arms wide open. I've come to learn what it means to adore Christ. Adore, not only how he entered this world in a lowly lifestyle, but to adore his majestic seat on the throne.




No comments:

Post a Comment