Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolutions?

I've been thinking a lot about resolutions the last couple days.

Normally I'm all about making elaborate lists and then as the days go by they somehow disappear and I let life get in the way of my big plans.
I can honestly say I've never really made a new years resolution because I guess in that sense, I'm a realist and know that I'll make it about a month and quit. Most of the time it's just out of sheer boredom.

But this year is a little different. As I look back on 2012 I realize I had some incredible highs and some incredible lows.

Here's my recap of 2012: In March I quit a job I loved (and felt I did a great job at) and moved to a third world country. I've always been TERRIFIED to leave home and friends because I didn't want to miss anything. But there I was, answering a call that was so heavily placed on my heart by the Lord.
I was sick 4 out of the 6 months with amoebas, parasites, a life threatening allergy attack and had to deal with 36 days of no running water.
I lost 35 pounds and have no intention of ever finding it.
I watched lives end, begin and had a chance to have a glimpse at what it's like to love someone so "below" you with unconditional (be it conditional since I'm not God) kind of love.
I moved to southern california to "start life over" with my parents. It's weird to be back living with them after 3 years of being on my own, so to say, and now having to rely on their support once again. But it's a learning and surrendering process for me and I'm thankful and extremely blessed to have 2 parents who are willing to help me.
I got a great job that I absolutely love! I went from being seasonal help, to being kept on and promoted in only a matter of 5 weeks.
And last but not least, I got this little princess: (okay she's not going to be that little and she's not always a princess)

I can say that looking back on 2012; my 2013 resolution is to be a woman of continual faith and each day rest in the fact that God is sovereign and over all things.
I may not succeed at it every day. But my resolution is to try (and not get bored!).


"The march, not the dirge, has ever been the music of Christianity. If we are good students in the school of life, there is much that the years have to teach us. But the Christian is more than a student, more than a philosopher. He is a believer, and the object of his faith makes the difference, the mighty difference. Of all persons the Christian should be best prepared for whatever the New Year brings. He has dealt with life at its source. In Christ he has disposed of a thousand enemies that other men must face alone and unprepared. He can face his tomorrow cheerful and unafraid because yesterday he turned his feet into the ways of peace and today he lives in God. The man who has made God his dwelling place will always have a safe habitation."
A.W.Tozer 

No comments:

Post a Comment