Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This One's for the Girls


I've come to realize a lot about myself:
 
-I love music. Like love it. I could sit and hum and sing to a guitar all day. Mix piano and violin together and you'll have me bawling like a baby. Throw a great drum beat together and I want to dance. Music has just been a staple for a lot of things in my life. Sadness, joy, contentment, satisfaction...
 
-I love my dog. Like, probably more than I should. I talk to her like a person and look forward to her greeting me when I get home. Hugging her and having her lay at my feet is euphoric. (actually as I type this the 37 pound lug is "sitting" in my lap) 
 
-I hate the heat. But there are rare instances, like the last coupe days, when I love how the weather feels and just want to drive with my windows down.
 
-I love a good glass of wine or coffee and chocolate. It just hits a soft spot for me.
 
-My love language is quality time. It's the way I show love and the way I feel loved. Having a great in-depth conversation with someone just can't be compared to anything else in my life-especially when paired with wine or coffee. :)

-I love sports to a ridiculous level.
 
-I love to be organized and on top of things. But I often find myself putting things off till the last minute because I thrive on the challenge to get it done. I'm completely bored and tune out if it's too easy.

-I've learned I would gladly live out of a suitcase if it meant I could travel the world. 

-I love to laugh. I love people with cheesy jokes or a quick witted sense of humor. I don't think people laugh enough. 

and last but not least: I've decided I've reached a point where I'm ready to just do life with someone. I'm ready to share experiences with them. I'm ready to go through something and not have to explain in detail what it was like, because they just get it. There are days I get really frustrated with being single. But I was reminded the other night, in one of those in-depth conversations I love, of how appreciative I am to be single. Not because I get to do whatever I want-because I just mentioned above that I'm ready to do life with someone. But because I realize what a gift marriage and dating is. Just because I want to be in a relationship doesn't mean God is ready to put me in one. He's held out on giving me "too many" relationships so that, that day when the right guy comes along, I'm not bruised and beat up and broken down. I'll have my put-together heart already in tack, ready to hand over with that key and a simple phrase of forever.

Valentines day is coming up and I feel like this is why every single girl hates this holiday, because they're too ready to rush God's perfect timing. I on the other hand, LOVE Valentines day. It's just a great reminder of what I said before (and a great reason to decorate for another holiday). I'm thankful to be single and not know what earthly love is yet. It gives me something to look forward to and to really focus on what I should have, and not what I think I need.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment